Scott McCallum’s father was a firefighter. When he was 10, his father died in a fire rescue saving his partner. Scott then represented his late father to receive the Medal of Bravery. From that day on, he promised himself to continue his father’s legacy and become a firefighter to serve the nation.
When he finally came of age, he enrolled in the fire training academy and went through 7 months of training before he finally became an official firefighter. One day, the alarm sounded in the fire department. It was Scott’s first actual fire rescue mission. They were responding to a home fire in a nearby neighborhood.
The homeowner was nowhere to be found; it was a neighbor who alerted the fire department of the fire. The neighbors also noted that they haven’t seen the family for several days, thinking they might be out on a holiday.
Scott and his partner took that first line in the front door. As they pushed to the rear, Scott found a family of three in the dining area, hugging each other tightly, breathless.
Scott and his team were devastated.
No one spoke on the ride as they left the scene and returned to the fire station. Failure is the greatest unspoken fear that every firefighter carries with them. For months, Scott fell into a deep state of depression, he barely ate or slept. Although he had the best support system in place with his family, friends, and fellow firefighters, nothing was making it any better.
The post-mortem showed that the family had a fire extinguisher at home. But due to the lack of maintenance, the fire extinguisher malfunctioned. As a result, the family was trapped inside and couldn’t save themselves. Fire extinguishers are entrusted to save lives, but without consistent maintenance, it will fail us during crucial moments, costing our lives when we need them the most.
That’s when it dawned upon Scott, like a lightbulb moment.
Scott made it his life mission to come up with a safety gadget that does not need maintenance and is always functioning at the best condition. He wants to create something that guarantees the safety of any and all homes and make sure no one else falls victim to an unmaintained fire extinguisher. It took him several years to finally find his answer.
The FireSafe™ Blanket is the most effective device when it comes to fire safety. Better than the fire extinguisher, it is inexpensive and doesn’t require maintenance. It is simple and can be used by adults and kids alike.
Made of a fireproof fabric constructed with woven lightweight fiberglass, it is flame-retardant and can withstand temperatures of up to 1650°F. And because it is lightweight and compact, you can easily grab it at a moment’s notice.
Since Scott presented the FireSafe™ Blanket at the annual NFPA Conference and Expo, there has been a rise of reported fire incident, particularly in the last month.
But it’s not all bad news. The fire department noticed a trend when the FireSafe™ Blanket is used. The number of fire-related deaths reduced immensely.
We may be well aware of fire safety, but most of us do not have the proper equipment in cases of emergency. Due to the cost and maintenance needed, not many homes are equipped with fire extinguishers. And even if they are, most are not well-maintained, which exposes our homes to higher risks of uncontrollable fire.
The FireSafe™ Blanket is here to fill that gap and make a difference. Just because it hasn’t happened, doesn’t mean it never will. Protect your home and loved ones, gear up with FireSafe™ Blanket.